woensdag 1 juli 2009

My gear

Maybe some of you guys is interested what I'm using to learn and develop Coldfusion.

  • Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 with the CF8 plugin.
  • Railo 3.0 express edition.
  • The Coldfusion 8 essential training DVD from Lynda.com.
  • The Coldfusion IRC (irc://dalnet/coldfusion).
  • My brains =].
A year ago when I started with PHP and I didn't like Dreamweaver but now it rocks! That time I didn't use the functions like creating forms in HTML with Dreamweaver but since I do it really makes development faster! Hopefully Dreamweaver is also that powerful with CF.

Railo is a free version of CF, well thats how I feel about it =P. I couldn't get the 3.1 version working so I tried the 3.0 and it works like a charm.

When I got interested in Ruby on Rails I found the DVD "Ruby on Rails essential training" from Lynda.com. I bought/downloaded the DVD and start looking at it. I didn't knew something about the MVC stuff that days so I gave up. But I really liked the DVD. I already watched the CF8 DVD and I'm really happy with it =].

When I took a look at Rails I found out about IRC channels. Now I really like IRC channels for quick questions and such.

And of course my brains! Logical thinking is everything =D!

Please remember: If you find any grammar mistakes post a comment (also if you don't find any grammar mistakes =P) and I will fix them!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten